Wednesday, March 31, 2010

First Live Test


I am really excited, today we did the first live test of the game and it worked REALLY well (I mean for a first run). Joe uploaded some videos of me playing:






Here are also a couple of Screen Shots of how the game looks:



Obviously not everything is sweet and perfect and some problems did arise:
- I was backwards (need to make sure this doesn't happen)
- There was quite a lag (although the game was running on debug mode and the data was being streamed on wireless which gives room for improvement)
- The walls are a little bit too short. They were just right for my height but if Joe plays the game it will probably be way harder for him.
- Need to place some sort of markers on the virtual floor to give a better sense of depth and know when you passed the wall
- The player seems to be resetting between walls

Things to do over the week before the next test:
- Make sure the player is not backwards
- Make sure the player is not resetting between walls
- Put in overlays for score
- Make the walls more continuous and give less time when you crashed against a wall

Hopefully I can get most of the bigger issues worked out before next Wednesday when I will be testing the game again!


No comments:

Post a Comment