Monday, March 29, 2010

Alpha Review Comments

After the Alpha Review I got great comment which helped me realize that there are still some unclear elements to the gameplay (or maybe they were clear somewhere deep inside my brain...) Some of the things I've been thinking about are (yes, I've been thinking...):

- There are going to be two game modes: 3 lives (survivor), infinite lives (continuous)
- I won't be able to define if it is going to be 3rd person or 1st person until I test it (maybe I'll have both and let the player choose)
- The game difficulty is as follows:
* I have sets of predefined walls (probably: easy, med-easy, medium, hard-med, hard)
* I will be sending random walls withing a set to the player (starting with easy)
* As the game progresses I will be incrementing the range of the walls being sent (easy+med-easy, etc)
* The speed at which walls move also increases (it will have a limit to avoid making the game impossible)
* The score is merely based on the number of walls you successfully avoided
* You can crash 3 times, the 4th one you are OUUUUUT (for 3 lives mode), for infinite lives hmmmmm....I haven't decided
- I need a pool for the Final Presentation! :>

Coming soon: the controller...

No comments:

Post a Comment