Monday, March 29, 2010

The Controller

(Hey, I said coming soon....)
Annnnd this is what I've been working on:


This video might not seem different from the one I showed during the Alpha Presentation buuuut it is. Trust me.
The difference is that the motions we are seeing on this video are being streamed live from the Vicon box in the lab. Even though it is not a real time motion yet, it is pretty much like it. Before I was loading and playing a pre-captured motion.

So this is what I accomplished:
- Install the Vicon Data Stream stuff
- Understand how the data is being streamed and get it working with Aline's OpenGL example
- Adapt that to my code and to the way gamebryo/physx deal with geometry
- Make sure the motion fits in my world (I had to fit Gulliver into my tiny world). The mocap data came from a world of 1000x1000 (more a less) and my worlds is about 200x200...

Steps to follow:
- Test what I have with real-time data..... aaaahhh (scary...)

(Getting to this stage on the project was possible because I had the helping hands of Joe and Aline)

No comments:

Post a Comment